Bathroom countertops and vanity tops play an important role in the home and as such they should be carefully selected to ensure they will be able to withstand the items with which it will be exposed to. Bathroom countertops (we'll use bathroom countertops and vanity tops to mean the same throughout this article) must be able to stand the test time as it will be exposed to soap, cosmetics, water, and can even serve as a work surface for other purposes in the bathroom.
Right Bathroom Countertops
Usually the surface you choose for your countertop depends on your taste and budget. There are several bathroom countertop trends and styles and you must make sure you choose a style that is not only trendy but also going to serve your purpose. Here are some of the things to be considered in selecting a bathroom countertop;
- The Cost: The choice you are going for should be dependent on your budget.
- Ease of Maintenance: You must make sure you are choosing a countertop that can easily be cleaned whenever it gets stained
- Durability: Whichever style you decide to go for let durability be on the top priority of factors that will guide you.
Types of Bathroom Countertop Materials
- Quartz: Countertops made with quartz require less maintenance, and they are durable. Scratches on the surface can be easily buffed out using fine-grade sandpaper. It is relatively cheap compared to marble and granite.
- Tile Countertops: Tile countertops come in different array of colors and finishes but its downside is that it is hard to maintain the surface and it can easily trap gunk. However, tile countertops is a good idea depending on your taste and budget.
- Granite and Marble: It is good to install marble or granite countertops in the bathroom because it gives the vanity top a sleek and rich look which can give great value to your home. Thankfully, there are affordable grades of both granite and marble in the market today, it doesn’t cost an arm and a leg to get quality granite or marble countertops for your bathroom.
- Laminate: Laminate vanity tops are available in a variety of finishes and it’s reasonably affordable as well. Its versatility, ability to withstand water and stain makes it a great choice as vanity top. However, it has the tendency to dent, dull, and burn.
- Wood: Wood vanity tops are susceptible to water damage because it has porous surfaces. Hence, it should be well sealed to preserve its useful life. It is not advisable to use wood vanity tops in bathroom where faucet and sink features are installed. Aside the fact that it could easily be damaged by water, it offers a warm and inviting feeling and an organic look especially when a butcher-block wood counter is used.
Bergen Marble and Granite offers free-in-home estimate, free measurement, free 3D design, and we also help with installation of all kinds of countertops, whether marble, granite, quartzite or engineered stone, we have you covered.