Green may not be the first color that comes to mind regarding kitchen cabinets. However, people who like to bring the relaxing feel of nature to their kitchens have been using green kitchen cabinets for a long time. Their popularity has been skyrocketing recently. They are the perfect design element to bring a pop of color to your kitchen.
Let’s take a look at what makes green kitchen cabinets so popular.
What Makes Green Kitchen Cabinets Popular?
Green is an excellent cabinet color because it adds a pop of color and life to your kitchen. There is no other color that can provide the same effect. Here are some reasons why green kitchens are so popular.
- Nature’s Beauty: Since the color green is directly associated with nature, green kitchen cabinets are the perfect way of bringing a touch of nature into your home. Green kitchen cabinets create a warm and relaxing atmosphere in any used kitchen. Green kitchen cabinets can easily set the tone of your kitchen, creating a beautiful and elegant décor.
- Easy to Combine: Green kitchen cabinets go well with many other colors. They are quite easy to combine and create amazing aesthetics. Green kitchen cabinets look stunning with natural colors like browns, beiges, blues, or wood. While lighter shades of green help you create a calm and serene kitchen area, darker shades can help you define your space and create a sophisticated look.
- Fit in Every Style: Green kitchen cabinets can be utilized in every style. Simply selecting various shades of green can instantly set the mood of your kitchen. From subtle sage to classy emeralds, there are many options to choose from when it comes to painting colors. You will be able to find the right hue that fits your kitchen, no matter what your style is.
- Timeless Classics: Green kitchen cabinets have been used in the past and are still popular nowadays. We can easily say that they are timeless classics. Green kitchen cabinets are stealing the show nowadays, and you don’t have to worry about them being just a fad.
Dark Green Kitchen Cabinets
If you want to make a bold statement, dark green kitchen cabinets are the right option. Darker hues of green such as hunter green, can help you create a sophisticated look and a luxurious feel. They work exceptionally well in contemporary, farmhouse, and transitional-style kitchens. With any dark color cabinetry, lighting becomes an important subject. You should consider extra lighting when using dark green kitchen cabinets to prevent your kitchen from looking dark and gloomy.
Dark green kitchen cabinets look amazing on light backgrounds. Also, your backsplashes and countertops will pop out, so picking contrasting colors is a fantastic idea.
Light Green Kitchen Cabinets
Light green kitchen cabinets help you create calm and relaxing kitchens. They can help you brighten up your space and create an inviting kitchen. Light green kitchen cabinets work incredibly well with small kitchens, making them feel expansive while adding a touch of color. Kitchen styles such as farmhouse, traditional, modern, and contemporary; have been utilizing them.
Green kitchen cabinets are easy to design since they can be paired with almost any color. They look amazing with white, brass, or wood colors and create a warm and inviting space.
Tips for Decorating with Green Kitchen Cabinets
Green kitchen cabinets can be tricky to design. Selecting the right design and color for your kitchen cabinets is vital because they cover many areas. Since green is a color, you can easily create beautiful kitchen spaces; you don’t have to worry. Read our tips below to get some ideas.
- The first thing you should always decide is the style of your kitchen. No matter which style you pick, you will find a green shade that will fit your color palette.
- We recommend both ends of the spectrum if you are going for a contemporary and minimalist look. You can pick a light green hue, such as light mint, or a darker one, like rainforest green. Remember to avoid using the same color for everything since it can end up looking dated and boring.
- Dark green kitchen cabinets work amazingly with light countertops. The contrasting colors will help you create an eye-catching look. The visual interest of this contrast makes a bold statement, making your kitchen a sight to see.
- Light green kitchen cabinets pair well with almost any other color. You can even combine various shades of green to create an aesthetically pleasing kitchen décor.
- Green is nature’s color, which is why it works well with other natural colors. Don’t be afraid to use metal or raw wood surfaces to create beautiful kitchen designs. Your green kitchen cabinets will combine all these colors to create a wholesome look.