Kitchens are an essential part of any home. Besides just being a place to cook, kitchens also offer a space for people to gather around and enjoy their time together. In this sense, kitchens require utmost consideration when designing them. Over the years, several kitchen themes and trends have come and gone, but only one seems to stand the test of time: the white kitchen design.
From the 1920s to the ’30s, white kitchens have been in vogue. There’s a reason why the term white kitchen has become very well-known: its cleanness and freshness. White kitchens naturally look spacious even when they are actually not that big. Since white reflects light compared to its darker counterparts, it creates the illusion of space, thereby making small kitchens look bigger.
If you have ever been in a white kitchen or own one, you would know nothing goes better with a white kitchen than white cabinets and granite countertops.
A white kitchen is both a classic and modern way of designing a kitchen, mainly because kitchens should be a place of sanitation and hygiene. In this regard, it wouldn’t be wrong to consider the idea of a white kitchen because its design represents elegance, cleanness, and purity. The white kitchen design has proved to be unique by standing the test of time, unlike other kitchen designs that come and go. If you are a homeowner and hope to remodel your kitchen by implementing the idea of a white kitchen, then you should be ready for some serious cash responsibilities as it doesn’t come cheap. However, Bergen Cabinets and Countertops have the expertise to work around your budget and still help you get excellent quality whenever you need to remodel your kitchen or bathroom.
White kitchen exhumes the embodiment of two beautiful words: “clean” and “fresh.” It is classic and gives you diverse options in terms of how you can set up your kitchen. The healthy white glow endures and does not accommodate any form of dirt.
A white kitchen may consist of pure white sparkling space with cabinets, walls, and white marble countertops. Although, many homeowners and families take a second thought before going out to set up a white kitchen because the possibility of spilled cereal bowls, muddy shoes staining the floor, and baking projects being handled by a child chef can make the whole kitchen look messy because white will make these stains highly visible. This is probably the most challenging drawback of having an all-white kitchen, but its advantages outweigh its disadvantages. Moreover, no stain will resist a regular kitchen cleaning. That means you can overcome the burden of a white kitchen design with a commitment to regular cleaning, which is something that should already be on the schedule when it comes to kitchen hygiene.
White naturally creates this ambiance of happiness, purity, and innocence. Moreover, since white is the brightest color, it can also reflect light and make your kitchen look spacious. Whatever your choices for cabinets and countertops may be in terms of color and style, you are guaranteed that they will be well complemented in a white kitchen design.
Why Go For a White Kitchen?
If the mentioned advantages aren’t enough for you to make up your mind on a white kitchen design, take a look at the following pros that might captivate you:
- The white kitchen design has a timeless beauty. You don’t have to worry about the future of your white kitchen. The time that a white kitchen looks outmoded will probably never come.
- Every color paired with white looks great. It is easy to add some colors to your kitchen when the overall look is dominated by white.
- It gives you various options as you can perfectly combine wooden cabinets or use stainless steel or even black appliances in a white kitchen. It complements all design forms, whether contemporary, transitional, or traditional, and you are still good to go with a white kitchen.
- It offers you the opportunity to give a unique look to the overall design by combining different colors with white. For example, dark furniture like red or black stools can provide a contrasting look, and this way, you will have a chance to reflect your unique and courageous style in a white kitchen.
- White naturally lights up your kitchen. If your kitchen doesn’t get much natural light or it doesn’t have a good lighting system, you should immediately consider a white kitchen design.
- It creates space. White also gives that sense of expansiveness thanks to its brightness. Therefore, a white kitchen design will make the room look bigger than it actually is.
In light of these, a well-implemented white kitchen design is glamorous and indicates good taste. Know that bringing the white kitchen effect to your house could be more convenient than you may have thought.
As Bergen Cabinets & Countertops, we are always here to help you through your white kitchen project. Do not forget to check our catalog, consisting of high-quality countertops and cabinets in which you can find the best complements for your white kitchen design. Also, if you want to learn more about kitchen designs, take a look at the following blog posts to get some more ideas!