Kitchen cabinetry is one of the significant elements of any kitchen design as they define both functionality and style of a kitchen. Suppose you are in the middle of a kitchen renovation process. In that case, you might already know that picking suitable kitchen cabinets that perfectly fit your kitchen design requires excellent attention and detailed examination. This is because you should be able to find cabinetry that will fit your design approach as well as your way of living. This way, you can determine the cabinetry that can answer all your needs and expectations.
Today, people want to add persona to their kitchens by changing the overall mood with various elements, like countertops, kitchen islands, backsplashes, flooring, and of course, kitchen cabinets. As they are one of the things that draw attention when entering the kitchen, cabinets are essential in determining a kitchen's style.
There are plenty of options you have when it comes to kitchen cabinets. One of them is solid wood cabinetry, preferred by many because of its luxurious beauty, strength, and durability. If you wonder whether they are suitable for your kitchen design, keep reading to become more familiar with the features of solid wood cabinets. We are genuinely confident that you will love the idea of beautifying your kitchen with solid wood cabinets.
Advantages of Solid Wood Cabinets
Solid wood cabinets come with significant advantages, making them favorable for many homeowners. Here are the prominent benefits that will make you want to complement your kitchen design with solid wood cabinets:
- One of the first things that come to mind about solid wood cabinets is their durability and strength. While all solid wood cabinets ensure longevity, some wood types last even longer than others. Hence, solid wood cabinets resolve all hesitations regarding durability because these cabinets will definitely hold up to wear and tear.
- Solid wood cabinets are paintable, meaning you have the freedom to change the color of your cabinets whenever you want. All you have to do is to ensure that you find the right painting for your cabinets. The flexibility of repainting your cabinets allows you to change the style and color palette of your overall kitchen design whenever you want.
- Solid wood cabinets bring warmth and nature-like beauty to any kitchen they are used. If you admire nature's beauty, solid wood cabinetry is a perfect way to add a natural atmosphere to your house.
- Solid wood cabinets can be easily customized according to your kitchen remodel because wood is an easy-to-work material for cabinet workers.
- Another advantage that solid wood cabinets offer is their easy maintenance. You do not have to spend too much time and effort to keep these cabinets in their best forms. Moreover, unlike many other cabinet materials, solid wood cabinets also allow refinishing, repainting, and restraining. Even you can repair minor scratches on your cabinet surface by sanding and refinishing if it is needed.
- Well-maintained solid wood cabinetry has good resell value. Accordingly, if you have any reason to put up your home for sale in the future, consider using solid wood for your kitchen cabinet now as an investment.
- The awareness of our responsibility towards nature has become increasingly essential in today's world. In this sense, we should be able to make eco-conscious decisions. As a renewable material, wood is a perfect option for any kind of furniture. If you are after environmentally friendly cabinets, you should opt for solid wood cabinets, like reclaimed wood and bamboo cabinets.
- Last but not least, solid wood cabinets look great almost everywhere because they are suitable for many different places, like offices. Accordingly, you do not have to limit yourself with your house when it comes to installing solid wood cabinets.
Things to Consider
If you are planning to hunt for suitable solid wood cabinetry for your renovation project, it is essential to be aware of some considerations. At the end of the day, all materials have downsides that you should be careful about.
- As wood is hygroscopic, prolonged exposure to water may cause permanent damage to your solid wood cabinets. Accordingly, you should be careful about moisture absorption in your cabinets.
- Balancing humidity and temperature is essential for wood cabinets because both extreme or very low humidity and temperature can cause cracks and warps. However, preventing such risks is easy. For instance, you should immediately wipe up spills on your cabinets with a dry cloth or invest in a humidifier to protect your cabinets from humidity.
- Solid wood cabinets may not be the most affordable choice among all kitchen cabinets because of the quality of the material. However, as they ensure longevity and permanent luxury, you will be using your solid wood cabinets for years to come. Accordingly, you might think of them as a good investment for your house.
Popular Cabinet Types You Will Love
There are some well-known wood types perfect for cabinets because of their unique features. Below, we have listed some of them for you so you can decide which is suitable for your needs and expectations.
- Cherry: The medium reddish-brown color of cherry wood kitchen cabinets will definitely bring exquisite beauty to your kitchen design. This extremely durable wood type is a good investment for your house, even though it is a bit more expensive than some other wood types.
- Ebony: The dark black color of ebony wood kitchen cabinets is the right choice for those who are after a bold decision for their kitchen renovation projects. If you want to create a sophisticated look in your modern kitchen design, you will love this solid wood cabinetry type.
- Maple: This easy-to-repaint wood type has a pale color, making it an excellent choice for those who want a lighter and smoother surface for their kitchen cabinets. Besides, maple wood kitchen cabinets are suitable for both modern and traditional kitchens.
- Walnut: Coming in various color options from dark brown to light yellow, walnut wood cabinets are suitable for many different kitchen styles. This dense and long-lasting wood type never disappoints its users.
Work with a Trusted Kitchen Cabinet Supplier
As a family-owned business, Bergen Cabinets and Countertops always sees its customers as family members and prioritizes 100% customer satisfaction. Working only with the leading brands in their fields, Bergen Cabinets and Countertops provides the finest quality kitchen cabinets suitable for every budget.
If you want to beautify your kitchen design with top-quality kitchen cabinets, you should know that Bergen Cabinets and Countertops is here to help you with its products and services. If you think you still have much to learn about kitchen cabinets, you should take a look at the following blog posts of ours before finalizing your decision:
Picking Kitchen Cabinet Style
Most Popular Kitchen Cabinet Colors and Styles in 2022
How to Create a Functional Kitchen?